Wednesday, December 26, 2012

UR Week 1, Day 2-4

The holidays are very challenging with this reset business!  I have been very successful through it all.  But I have to admit that Christmas did not quite feel the same without a big ol' dinner.  Ahh, it is what it is.  We had quality time riding 4-wheelers in the snow, and opening presents. 

Day 2- Christmas Eve
    The tacos are SOOO good!  But I have always had a problem reading directions... I doubled checked the amount of olive oil to add to the beans.  Yep, 1/4 cup.  I dumped it in...yuck, way to much.  Looked at the book again.  OHHH, 1/4 tbsp.  :-)  oops.  Drained it and I was good to go.  We had a dinner at my sister in laws parents house.  They were having taco's too, so it made it easier to take my food with me.  It was a little uncomfortable because I had to answer 1000 questions about the UR.


Day 3- Christmas day
    Everything went well today. I made breakfast after feeding the cows, then we opened presents.  Merry Christmas!  Then I packed my snack and we went 4-wheeling in the snow.  So I did switch around my lunch and snack.  I had a boiled egg and 2 small pieces of our homemade jerky.  Jerky is not on the list, but I know what the ingredients are...  Then we came home and I made quinoa salad and veggies with humus for lunch.  The nice thing about the quinoa is you cook enough in one batch for the whole week.  So I went ahead and made enough for three salads for lunches.  Dinner was delicious, but I apparently forgot to buy asparagus which I was more excited for.  So I just had salmon and potatoes.  Unfortunately I had a MAJOR migraine last night that stopped me from eating all my food.  I finally broke down in the night and took a lot of medicine I had been prescribed and sat with an ice pack. 

Day 4-
    This morning I was a little foggy, but I think that was due to the medicine, not the reset.  I got up and made my breakfast right away and enjoyed every bite of it.  That is when I realized I forgot to take the oxygenize and capsules.  DANG IT!  The rest of the day went well.  I packed my lunch which was zucchini and cashew soup and a microsalad.  The first few bites were delicious and then I was over it.  I did not finish my lunch.  When I got home I did scarf down my snack.  I think I added too much peanut butter with my apple.  It is a weakness, and I was hungry. 
No photo of dinner.  I roasted al the nuts today to last a while.
Bottom right: lunch all packed ready to go.
    I have noticed today that I am grumpy.  That could be from my headache.  But I have been negative about the reset and missing out on all the good food of the holidays.  Ehh I will make it.  It will be worth it. 
    Tonight was another dinner at someone else's house.  I ate a small piece of salmon (I figure it is ok, because I barely ate mine last night :-))  potatoes, 1 roasted tomato, and steamed broccoli and cauliflower.  It was delicious.  Probably more seasoning than the UR would call for.  I did pass on the pie that everyone was oohing and ahhing over.  But the cook did not eat that either so I did not feel out of place.  I made it home.  I am a little hungry, so I better start drinking water. 




No comments:

Post a Comment