Sunday, December 30, 2012

UR Week 2, Day 1

Today was pretty nice.  I stayed home and just hung around the house and cleaned, watched TV, had a little nap, but more importantly stayed on schedule with the supplements and meals.  :o)  I LOVE breakfast.  Fresh fruit.  Heck yes.  Lunch was a microgreen salad.  Today I made the Creamy Garlic Dressing.  I put way too much garlic in it though.  It tasted fine while I was eating it, but had a nasty aftertaste that lasted hours!  I might have to through it out and start over.  The recipe calls for 3-5 cloves so I used 4.  Next time I will use 2, taste, and add more if necessary.  I did not have a snack today.  Dinner was pretty good.  I like steamed zucchini, and the green beans were pretty good with lemon juice.  The rice and beans were ok, but a little dry.  I wish I did not add the coriander.  They were whole pods, and had too much spice for me in one bite. 

The detox supplement was interesting.  The taste is manageable, but the texture is yucky. At lunch I tried to drink it too fast, inhaled a little, and spit it in the sink.  Oops.  Luckily no one was home to see that.  he he  It is going to suck having to take that three times a day.  Ahh.  Only 6 days left.

Now about my weight post earlier.  I believe it is important to point out that I am not doing the cleanse to loose weight.  HOWEVER, that is an awesome bonus.  Why am I doing the cleanse?  1- to clean my system and feel better.  I believe I am lactose intolerant, and this program cuts out dairy completely.  I want to see how I feel.  2- to learn how to prepare new meals.  We are a meat family and do not venture much outside of that realm.  I have already found foods that I intend to cook after the reset.  I have also found a few that there is no way in hell I will cook again. :-)  Those goals are definitely being achieved.  I will only weigh myself at the beginning of each week.  So one more time next week, and then at the end of the reset.  Time will tell.  And my eating habits too I suppose.
Breakfast, dinner, and a little humor.

1 comment:

  1. I made the dressing too garlicky too but it was fine when I added a little more olive oil. Great job so far - I look forward to reading more about your journey. I'm on Phase 1 Day 3.

    ReplyDelete