Friday, December 28, 2012

UR Week 1, Day 5-6

Day 5-
Wow, they claim that day 3-5 are the hardest.  Day 5 was definitely a struggle for me.  The first half of the day went great.  Then we came to dinner.  I spent 2 hours preparing dinner.  On the menu: nori rolls, miso soup, tempeh.  Why on God's green earth would a person voluntarily eat that?!  I have to admit that I had a breakdown.  I instantly started crying as I could not eat this meal and I had put so much work into it, not to mention I was hungry.  My husband came in the room and coached me through it telling me that now I know what I do not like, and I can sub it out next time.  I am very lucky to have him around supporting me in this.  Granted he was saying that as he was pouring delicious marinated pork loin into his mouth.  :-)  I did get a headache tonight.  I am not sure if it is from the UR.  I think it is more from shooting my shotgun today.  After dinner I left the kitchen a mess, my husband started a shower for me, and after the shower I took some Tylenol and went to bed with an ice pack.  I know we are not supposed to take meds, but these headaches will hold on for days of nothing is done early on about them.  I feel that it is more important to rid myself of this type of pain, than suffer for a cleanse.  I hope to see the long term effect of this cleanse will eliminate the headaches...

Reflection:  I am learning how to cook from scratch.  I am learning about new foods.  Some I like and some I do not like.  That is ok.  Some foods are so delicious now.  I crave sugar and had a grape today.  A simple grape.  It was like eating sweet bliss. It is realistic to say that my future "sweet snacks" will be healthy fruit.  I also realized today that I am a hunter.  My family feeds themselves primarily on the meat we harvest ourselves.  I will go vegan two weeks for the UR, but I plan to go back to eating meat.  Of course I will be more conscious of what and how much I eat in the future.

Day 6-
    Much better day!  I focused on drinking my water.  I did go back to bed with an icepack after I got up early, took the dog for a walk, and did an hour of X Stretch.  The ice helped.  My meals have been good.  I do have a lot of leftovers from the week.  So dinner was eating the rest of the salmon.  I went I went grocery shopping for week 2 and bought everything for $65.00.  Nice!

I am definitely looking forward to week 2!  The food looks normal and tasty!

No pictures today.  Transferred all my pics off my phone to make more space. 

No comments:

Post a Comment