Monday, December 31, 2012

UR Week 2, Day 2

Happy New Years Eve! 

    Wow, I feel great today! we got up bright and early to go into town and help my students take down their community service project Festival of Trees, came home and packed up all the Christmas decorations, cooked lunch AND dinner, took a nap, blogging now, then of to get ready for tonight.  Whew.  Side note:  I am glad I did not look ahead and see that pinto beans and rice was for lunch today or else I would have made a double batch.  If you remember from the last post I did not like the coriander in the beans.  Today I made it without the coriander and loved it.  Ate every bite! I did add a little water to moisten up the rice as it was in the fridge for a few days.

lunch: salad and pinto beans and rice. 
Dinner prepped!
    My plan: take dinner to my brother in laws house and eat before we go to the hockey game.  Take plenty of water with me to drink.  Stop at the grocery store on our way out and grab some fruit to snack on tonight.  My MO us to usually go to sleep by 9 pm if I am not drinking or eating, and I am doing neither from 7-midnight.  ughh, it is going to be a long evening...

    But I have everything prepped, so I will be successful, and I am looking forward to waking up with out a hangover like everyone else.  Ha Ha. 

    On Instagram everyone is posting their year in review so I suppose it is appropriate to post that here as well:



    2012 was an amazing year with many wonderful things to choose from, but these are my highlights: 1- last December I went out to try on wedding dresses.  I did not feel good about myself and came home with determination to become more healthy.  That was the day I ordered P90X and jumped headfirst into everything Beachbody.  2-I turned 30 in March. 3- Married the perfect man in June.  4- went on a fun little honeymoon in July.  5- Completed my first ever 10k.  I also ran 6 other 5k's. 




To close the year I also like to add what I am thankful for:
1- A loving a supporting husband who I do almost everything with.
2- A great job teaching respectful students due to their wonderful teachers and my coworkers.
3- We are provided a wonderful home with my husbands job and that allows us to save for the future.
4- Friends that completely support my fitness/health journey and even have stepped it up with me.
5- To live in a rural agriculture community that provides the food I eat.
6- Family.

Cheers to a new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment