Saturday, January 12, 2013

Day 21 of the Ultimate reset!

Whoohoo!  I made it.  21 day journey to a cleaner me.  I took a bath and reflected on this journey this evening. 

What have I learned?  I learned that I absolutely love steamed and roasted vegetables.  Beets are amazing.  It is not that hard to cook, just takes a little time and planning.  I also know that I can eat clean and enjoy it.  This process has taught me that nori rolls and tempeh are awful, and I will never eat those again.  :-) 

This was a challenging task that I took seriously and committed to 100%.  I did not cheat once!  I drank water everyday for 3 weeks.  Can you believe that?  Before the UR I was lucky to get one glass a day. 

My body feels great.  Cutting dairy out of my diet has helped immensely.  I have known for a while that dairy makes me feel bad, but I like it so much I was willing to deal with the side affects (sorry hubby).  But now I know that I want to feel better all the time.  When I went to Africa 2 years ago I felt amazing.  My stomach never hurt, I didn't have gas, and it was because I was eating clean with no dairy.  I feel that way today! 

What are my post-reset plans?  I am going to add meat back into my diet.  That is the one thing I truly crave.  I have already bought some chicken to grill for my salads to take to work for lunch.  I will keep dairy out.  I am also surprised to realize today that I have not thought about grains at all.  I did not miss them.  So my goal is to keep grains to a minimum. 

I signed up to be a Beachbody coach during the reset and bought the P90X2 challenge pack.  I also have TurboFire and Les Mills Combat sitting on the shelf.  I first intent to finish RevAbs as I started that before the reset, then work on each of these programs. 

Doing the UR at the first of the year has set me up for success.  This was a springboard to a cleaner, more focused me.  I have also been participating in Chalene Johnson's 30 day challenge and between the two programs I have a definite focus for the year.  I am excited to tackle new projects on my personal and professional life.

I am very happy I took this challenge.  If you had asked me that in week one you would have gotten a different answer.  With the support of my husband and all the fellow UR folks on the facebook pages I was able to overcome a mental and physical barrier that week.  It was worth it!  I am so excited to see what happens to my mental and physical state in the next 12 months. 

No comments:

Post a Comment