Wednesday, January 9, 2013

UR Week 3, Day 3-4

I am running low on groceries, so I have to be a little creative, plus I have a lot left over so I want to use it all up.  Last night was the baked squash. I could not find the squash that was called for so I used a butternut squash.  And if I remember correctly, I was supposed to cook veggies with kale.  Most of my kale went bad, so I just cooked veggies- sweet potato, cauliflower, broccoli.  Yesterdays lunch was the Moroccan carrot salad.  I at this in my classroom as we had an FFA practice at that time.  The next class came in and freaked out about the smell.  It was pretty funny.

Tonight I cooked the fennel and broccoli.  I did not have any asparagus, and the little grocery store did not have any either, so I just made extra broccoli.  It was not too bad.  I could only eat half the fennel because the stem was really hard. 

 
An interesting thing happened today that went over pretty smoothly.  The special ed class occasionally bakes cookies and brings them around to the teachers.  When they brought mine I had to take it.  She even wanted me to smell it because they smelled delicious.  well yes they did!  Ahh sad day.  I waited until she left then asked a trivia question and gave the cookie to the first student to answer.  :-) They all knew I couldn't eat it, so they were little vultures waiting for my cookie.  :-)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment