Saturday, January 5, 2013

UR review

Ok, lets talk about the serious stuff now.  Bodily functions.

For one full year prior to starting the reset I drank Shakeology everyday for breakfast.  I love this stuff and it loves me.  Shakeology keeps me healthy.  I have not been sick this year.  I had one cold and that is it.  At work we had a nasty flu bug and I was not effected.  I credit Shakeology for supplying me with the vitamins I needed to stay healthy.  The other bonus to my daily meal was bowel movements.  Shakeology kept me very regular.  If I did not have it one day, I did not have a BM. 

The UR has surprised me in the fact that I have not had very many BM's.  Week one I only had a couple, so with week two being focused on detox I figured I would have many if not several times a day.  I had a BM day one, two, and six.  The Beachbody UR experts on the facebook page say this is normal to only experience a BM on day one and two, but that you are supposed to be drinking a lot of water to help the detox work.  I have not been to great at that.  I range from 40-70 oz while at work.  OOPS.  Yesterday I was proud of myself and drank 72 oz (resulting in a bathroom visit during my classes).  But that is no where near the 1 gallon mark that they recommend.  Week two will be interesting with just eating fruits and veggies.

I also have a little issue with dairy that Shakeology could not fix.  When I eat dairy I get very gassy.  With the UR phasing out dairy and grains, I have had very little gas.  That is quite a relief.  The problem is that I love dairy.  I will try to keep dairy to a minimum after the UR.  I try to anyway, but if you put Cougar Gold cheese in front of me I CANNOT resist!  It is worth the punishment.  :-) 

well, one of my favorite virtues is not talking sh*t, so enough of this discussion.  lol

No comments:

Post a Comment